The overall objective of this program is to first understand ourselves. When we do that, and we keep refining who we are and what we stand for, we can then make a difference.
Our program is theme-based, with a new topic introduced each week that will on something meaningful to be discussed and integrated into a yoga class. Parent involvement will be key to the success of this program. We will do this through homework that will request parent involvement.
A preview of our curriculum is available upon request but a few topics are:
- Mindfulness and self-awareness
- Commitment to truth
- Tools to deal with anxiety, stress and frustration
- Dealing with anger and emotions
- Bullying and cyber-bullying
- Electronic distraction and Internet safety
- Self-care, self-love, nutrition
In addition to our curriculum we offer partnerships with other local and global organizations that the children can reach out to for community service, SEVA and social and spiritual activism opportunities.